Plate Heat Exchanger Cleaning
While plate heat exchanger cleaning is a job that you can do with your own team, you should always remember that plate heat exchanger cleaning can end up for you with a loss of time and money if you do not have the necessary technical knowledge.
That’s why, before that, you start the process, you or your staff should be informed about the scheme of the heat exchanger and also should be attentive about technical details. When you follow the instructions and take all necessary precautions, the most advantageous part of using plate heat exchanger is – cleaning and maintenance procedure will not cost expensive.
Here we listed a few tips for plate heat exchanger cleaning
– The steel or carbon steel brushes are to be used for the plate cleaning.
– Surface scrubbing process is carried out by applying water with nylon or other brushes.
– It’s prohibited to use Hydraulic or Sulfuric acids for removing lime residues and oxidations. . The 2-5% nitric acid solution is recommended instead.
– After removing a greasy layer with a soft brush using kerosene, rinse thoroughly with water . until it becomes completely clean.
– If cleaning is carried out due to organic layer containing protein, you can brush it off applying a 50°C 2%sodium hydroxide solution. After that, rinse thoroughly with water until it becomes completely clean.
– During these procedures, be careful not to damage the gaskets.
After cleaning using these tips above, it is very important to place the plates and seals correctly and securely back in the plate heat exchanger. Before installing the plate heat exchanger, you should check all gaskets and also all surfaces corresponding to the seals one by one and make sure that there are no leaks. After confirming that your plates and gaskets are properly cleaned and undamaged, you can carry out the assembling by taking into account the connection diagram of the plate heat exchanger.
After the plate heat exchanger cleaning
and assembling are complete, the heat exchanger must be tightened. This is a significant process because if you over-tighten the plate heat exchanger, the plates may deform. Although deformable plates can be replaced, they create an extra cost and time-wasting. Therefore, if you do not have enough information about the tightening process, you can contact us at any time